Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Winter is here....... :(

As I write this, I can hear the wind howling outside and can see the "white stuff" on the ground.  That's right, I guess winter has arrived and arrived with a vengeance at that.  I am away from home for a couple of days at a conference for work and should have known that since I would have to be on the road that the "white stuff" was sure to come!  Winter driving never used to bother me in my earlier days but since having children perspective on a lot of things has changed and my feelings about winter driving is one of them!

I talked with the boys tonight and they seemed pretty excited about seeing the snow.  Their dad on the other hand...not so much.  Especially when it now comes to winter coats and boots (of which we totally are not prepared).  So while I am out and about on my "working vacation"....ya right on the vacation... I decided to do a little boot shopping for the boys...something about buying winter boots, Halloween costumes and candy at the same time is just wrong!  Hopefully I made a good guesstimate and the sizes will be close. 

On the plus note, this does excite me for the Christmas season that is just around the corner...probably my favourite time of year!  To all of you out there in blog land and under the same winter storm watch as us Saskatchewanians....stay warm and safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment