Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012 - Change

As I sit here reflecting on all that is happening in life right now I am full of a number of emotions.  I knew turning the calendar to 2012 meant there would be one big change happening in our life and that change is me heading back to work.  Yes W-O-R-K.  As much as I enjoy working and the independence and self worth it gives, I also really, really enjoy...ok love being home with the kids. 

This maternity leave has flew by to say the least.  As this reality of going back to work has really hit me today there are a number of things I am really going to miss about the days I've had at home with the boys.  I will miss the days we stay in P.J's until late afternoon, the days we lay on the floor and play, the afternoons we cuddle on the couch and watch a movie or cartoons, the playdates with friends, the look on Corb's face when he hears the door open and Carter say "Who's hear", our afternoon naps on the couch, our trips to the library to get B his dinosaur books and so many many more!

I know that this doesn't mean the end to all of these things, just that they won't be able to happen as often.  I guess this all means that routines will change, priorities or accomplishments in a day will have to be altered and other jobs and daily tasks are going to have to wait so that I can continue to cuddle on the couch to watch movies, lay of the floor and play, take the boys to the library and so much more.  As one wise working mom once said to me "It's not about the quantity of time but about the quality of time you have together." As millions of moms and families do, we will adjust and find our new normal...it will just take time!

With it being the time of year to reflect on what we want to achieve over the coming twelve months, I have vowed to myself not to let myself get caught up too much in work and life happening around us to lose focus on my priorities and I want ensure that our little family stays priority and focus #1 in our life.  I find at times when life is happening so quickly it's so easy to get lost in all that is going on and sometimes priorites fall out of order...not this year!!

(Thanks to a wonderful friend for snapping this picture of me and my boys!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment