Friday, February 18, 2011

Sunday, February 6th - Welcome Home Corbin

Today was the big day that we brought baby Corbin home!  I find the going home days so emotional.  You are leaving the safe comfort of the hospital and nurses and venturing into your new world with an additional human being that you are responsible for.....wow.  As we were leaving the hospital I remembered walking down the same stairs for the first time when we left the hospital with Carter and being overwhelmed, in a good way, with the fact that we now had a child.  Today as we left and we were walking down those same stairs I was a little overcome by the fact that we now have three amazing children to love and care for....I feel so blessed!

As we drove up the street we could see the boys looking out the window from the couch waiting for us.  Their faces were beaming with excitement!  What a wonderful site.  Once getting home, the boys had to hold him and we tried to settle in a little.  My mom brought supper over for us and helped out with some chores around the house and the boys.  I have to say I am so lucky to have my mom only a few blocks away...she is a wonderful help!  I truly hope she realizes how much it is all appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment