Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long.  So much for my new years resolution of documenting our life daily!!  I will say the last month and a half has been a bit of a blur.  There have been numerous trips to the Dr for baby Corbin and adjusting to our new life as a family of "5". 

The start of it all began on baby Corbin's 3 week birth day when he took his first ambulance ride.  That evening we went to our local hospital emergency as he was coughing and stuffy and I just had a bad feeling about how he was doing.  Well, I was right, his white blood cell count was up and he was having trouble breathing.  That meant off we go in the ambulance to a larger hospital and a pediatrician.  We were suppose to head to Regina but without any beds available off to Moose Jaw it was.  While there he had a couple of chest x-rays, kidney ultrasound, and numerous blood tests and swabs.  Turns our he was fighting strep pneumonia and a case of RSV.  We spent 8 days there and then home we came.  I have to say, the staff at the hospital were amazing and made our stay as enjoyable as a hospital stay can be.  From that point it has been follow-up after follow-up.  A couple of weeks ago he seemed a little under the weather again so off to the emergency room again, with his white blood cell count up again, off to the pediatrician in Regina.  Thankfully it was just a day trip and more follow-up appointments.  Needless to say we have been house bound for the last month and a half.  I am hoping that this week we will get the "all-clear" and be able to start living life a little fuller and enjoy the outdoors.

Carter and B have handled the chaos like pros.  I am very thankful we have such easy going boys that just tend to go with the flow!  I am also VERY thankful for my parents.  They have been very supportive through all of this and my mom has been amazing and wonderful to talk to about any of my concerns or just to lend an ear to listen or hand to help...Thanks mom!

I am posting a few photos from the last month or so of life around here.

From here on I am going to make a conscious effort to post regularly in order to capture the memories of our life in 2011!








No comments:

Post a Comment