Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday, January 7th ~ Where did the week go?

Well as you can see .... I guess life in general was busy this week as I didn't have a chance to post (note I did not say I didn't have time as it is all about priorities and unfortunately, blogging took a backseat to getting some rest!).  I will say the one of the pluses this week was getting back into routine.  I never thought that I was much of a routine person until I had kids...now I really really like routine and of course I find my kids need it!
This week saw Blair head back to school, the kids back to daycare, me at work and training my replacement.  Yup, only two more weeks of work for this lady! Wow...Crazy!  The kids have adjusted well back into our daily to do's which they usually do.  I am so thankful that they love the daycare that they go to and can't wait to see their friends.... makes working life so much easier!  I guess we are probably just going to get back into our groove and it will all change as we welcome the new baby!

Speaking of baby, I had my appointment with the Dr. that will deliver today.  I have to say, I am starting to get a little...ummm...I guess anxious is the word.  I just want things to go smooth and am getting excited to meet this little bundle of joy that has been growing inside of me the last 36 weeks.  All is well with the baby, she thinks that it is around 7 lbs right now....now that is crazy!  This weekend, I hope to get the baby room put together and everything washed up and ready.  I don't like to be caught unprepared!  Wish me luck!

I had to kick my butt yesterday after work.  I received a text from my husband that he and the boys were skating at the outdoor rink after daycare and that I should come over and check it out.  Both boys seem to just love skating this year.  Carter has really improved and asks almost everyday when he has hockey again and B has absolutely taken off this year and loves it too.  So I swung by the rink on my way home.  As I was standing out on the ice and the kids were showing me how "fast" they could skate and the goals they could score, it started to snow big white fluffy snow flakes...it was absolutely beautiful out and sooooo pretty!  So why do I kick my butt...I didn't have my camera with me and I didn't run home and grab it.  Definitely a worthwhile picture moment that I missed capturing.  Looking forward to getting my new camera bag that my husband and boys have given me for Christmas so I can carry it everywhere and not miss out on those moments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment