Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye 2010 and Welcome 2011

2010 where did you go?
Wow, I can't believe as I sit here typing that it is January 1st, 2011!  Honestly, where has the time gone??  2010 was a great year with many great memories.  Blair and I had an amazing trip to Montreal, Kingston and Ottawa.  Visiting with family and friends and seeing many amazing sites!

The boys have grown so much throughout the year with many firsts and changes.  C had his first year of baseball "games", went knee boarding all by himself in the big open lake (mom just had a brief moment of panic!!), started Kindergarten and is playing his first season of hockey...among so many other things.  B has changed so much, growing from our little toddler to a little boy, learning how to play "hits" in the back yard, going to daycare without his big brother, peeing in the potty (yay!!), learning to skate on his own...among many others as well.  It truly is one of the best things in life to watch your children grow and become their own person.  I feel very thankful and fortunate to have such a wonderful little family!! I do have to say that I am also so very thankful to be married to such a wonderful husband and truly amazing dad.  I love watching him interact with the boys with the many "dad/son" moments that they have whether it be playing baseball in the backyard, getting their fishing rods ready to head out fishing, or just plain ol wrestling on the living room floor.  I also feel very blessed for the loving families that both my husband and I have.  I can't imagine life without them.  I feel very fortunate to live in the same community as my mom and dad and cherish the opportunity to spend time with them and have them watch my children grow.  I also value the time that I get with my siblings as they generally live a distance from us.  I love seeing how excited the boys get to see them and for our "skype dates".

2011... Exciting Change
I can't believe that in about 4 weeks we are going to be welcoming another human being into our lives.  I can't wait!! This pregnancy has gone SO fast.  Fortunately I have had yet another great pregnancy which I am thankful for!  It is so exciting to see the excitement that C has for the new addition.  He is going to be such a little helper..I am sure his brother will be too!  I am really looking forward to the upcoming year that I will have at home.  Life has seemed super busy these past few months and I am looking forward to the ability to focus even more on family and less on work.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job but it has consumed a large part of our lives the last little while.
I am sure that 2011 is going to be full of many great memories again and I look forward to what it has in store for us and our soon to be family of 5!

From our house to yours, I would like to wish you an amazing 2011 and can't wait to share our journey with you!

P.S. - I really am hoping to focus on posting more regularly once I am on maternity leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment