Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday, June 10th ~ DIPLOMA DAY!!!

Today was an exciting day at our house....well exciting and sad I have to admit!  Today was Carter's Kindergarten Diploma Day, which he was just pumped about and so were we actually.  But just a hint of me was a little sad today.  Carter has completely embraced school/Kindergarten and is so anxious to learn.  He has had an amazing teacher that always seems to be going the extra mile for her students.  The year seemed to zoom right by with the blink of an eye.  It has been wonderful watching him learn and progress as the year goes on.  I hope that this excitement and desire to learn continues for many more years!

Just before lunch I dropped B of at Great Grandma and Grandpa's and Corbin and I headed to the school to help BBQ and get lunch ready.  At noon all of the parents arrived and we had lunch with our little Kindergartners and then it was time for the diploma's.  Each of the students where beaming when Mrs. Paton called their name.  She had something nice to say about each of them.  Here remarks about Carter where along the lines as follows:
- one of her best helpers ever
- always helped out when there was a sub, that she could leave a note "If you aren't sure, ask Carter"
- was always willing to help clean up or do what was necessary

Such nice words to hear about your child!!

(I am really disappointed that my pictures did not turn out that well.  I had put my small lens on as we were in a small room and thought my big one would be too big....wrong and I had my settings all crazy for inside...had been taking pics outside the night before!  By the time I noticed he was almost done....grrr)






No comments:

Post a Comment