Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday, June 7th ~ Celebration of Life

This afternoon I attended the "Celebration of Life" of a lady that was very dear to me.  Barb lost her fight with ovarian cancer last week and today we celebrated her life and all that she offered to all of us.  I had the pleasure of working for Barb & Henry throughout all of my high school years.  They were wonderful to me and we became more like family than employer/employee.  I learned a lot from the two of them and they treated me great.  I not once had to miss a volleyball game, curling bonspiel, ball tournament...the list goes on! 

In the years since high school I have had the opportunity to work a couple of times a year when they would head to their buying convention in Winnipeg.  Judy and I always enjoyed those couple of Saturday's together...bringing back old memories.  We had lot's of giggles at that place!

Barb, you were an amazing woman.  Family meant everything to you and you would do anything for your family and those close to you.  You will be dearly missed.  May you rest in peace....


No comments:

Post a Comment